• Skillful dedicated communicator, quick learner, resourceful and thorough professional with an emphasis on quality.
• Knowledgeable, equipped with optimistic attitude working in various dynamic private and public sector environments.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, demonstrating proven flexibility and adaptability on critical issues.
• Advanced proficiency of key computer and software programs and various essential global languages.
GOVERNMENT OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, Washington, D.C. 2015 – Present
Social Media Specialist; DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities (CAH)
• Actively manages, updates and monitors agency’s official website and social media platforms.
• Builds and executes social media strategies through competitive research, platform determination, benchmark messaging and audience information.
• Develops, implements and supports internal and external communications strategies on behalf of agency.
MID ATLANTIC FOUNDATION FOR ASIAN ARTISTS, INC., Clarksville, MD 2014 – Present
Co-Executive Director; Executive Board of Directors 2015 – Present
• Ensures continuous creation and execution of programs and initiatives, overall administration, fundraising efforts and communications strategies to assist in core goals of organization.
• Actively engages and energizes organization’s board of directors, officers, committees, volunteers, partnering entities and various external stakeholders.
Public Relations Director; Executive Board of Directors 2014 – 2015
• Produced and managed high-level communications materials and relevant deliverables on behalf of organization.
• Developed and spearheaded projects designed to generate media coverage, engaging with daily consultation and strategy development with relevant stakeholders via Constant Contact, Facebook, Twitter and WordPress.
UNITED NATIONS ASSOCIATION OF THE NATIONAL CAPITAL AREA (UNA-NCA), Washington, D.C. 2014 – Present
Chair; Sustainable Development Committee (SDC) 2016 – Present
• Leads and facilitates in the development and creation of programs and initiatives, overall administration, fundraising efforts and communications strategies on behalf of committee.
• Actively fosters and maintains key internal and external relationships within the various working and standing committees of the organization at the local and national chapter levels.
Communications Co-Chair; Communications Committee 2015 – Present
• Leads and facilitates in the active development and creation of relevant content and subject matter expertise as pertaining to the UNA-NCA’s ongoing initiatives and projects.
• Advises overall best practices for all print and electronic media platforms for continued promotion of the UNA-NCA’s organizational-wide communications, most notably those pertaining to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Communications Representative; Sustainable Development Committee (SDC) 2014 – 2016
• Produced and supported communications materials and relevant deliverables on behalf of committee’s membership.
• Developed and collaborated with communications representatives from various internal committees to assist in the generation and dissemination of organization’s programs, events and other relevant projects.
ST. CHARLES BORROMEO CATHOLIC CHURCH, Arlington, VA 2014 – Present
Vice President; Haiti Ministry 2015 – Present
• Assists and supports on the full implementation and execution of committee’s plans, actions and initiatives.
• Oversees all internal and external operations and management of committee’s leadership and general membership.
• Fulfills any and all vacant role(s) as deemed necessary until position(s) are duly filled.
Communications Coordinator; Haiti Ministry 2014 – 2015
• Coordinated and managed committee’s aggregate contact directory of sponsors and children to assist in the accurate distribution of all print and electronic correspondences.
• Assisted and supported sponsorship chair and participating committee members in the creation and dissemination of targeted messaging of new and existing sponsors.
BOHOL RESTORATION GROUP, INC., Washington, D.C. 2013 – 2015
Internal Affairs Secretary; Executive Board 2014 – 2015
• Produced and disseminated essential internal and external information on behalf of Executive Board, ensuring continuity of relevant updates to target audiences.
• Maintained and consistently updated appropriate technical and historical data pertaining to organization’s restoration efforts and progress for present and future record keeping purposes.
• Arranged and completed necessary pertinent logistical details for internal and external working stakeholders, significantly improving overall outreach and impact of organization.
Communications Chair; Communications Committee 2013 – 2015
• Developed and led implementation of all communications strategies to broaden impact and reach of the organization’s programs and messaging via Eventbrite, Facebook, Twitter and WordPress.
• Actively engaged, cultivated and managed press relationships to ensure maximum coverage of the organization’s programs, special events, public announcements and other relevant projects.
FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORPORATION, Arlington, VA 2014 – 2015
Program Coordinator; Business Analysis and Management Support Services (BAMSS)
• Conducted in-depth analysis of maintenance costs, schedules, and quality of delivered products and services.
• Developed and maintained spreadsheets, projects and related diagrams to assist in project control activities.
• Designed and configured complex calculations and macros associated with information gathering process.
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY ALUMNI ASSOCIATION, Washington, D.C. 2014 – 2015
Marketing Chair; GW Asian Alumni Association (GWAAA)
• Actively fostered key relationships with press and media outlets for communications and marketing related services.
• Maintained all marketing materials and facilitated in the creation of all current, relevant, and consistent design, messaging and branding efforts via Eventbrite, Facebook, Twitter and WordPress.
• Developed and promoted strategic communications and public relations goals and objectives on behalf of organization.
VARIOUS NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS, Washington, D.C. 2013 – 2014
Strategic Communications Consultant
• Collaborated with clientele and served as an ongoing resource for communications and strategies to inform and inspire targeted audiences.
• Recommended, developed and executed targeted multi-channel communication campaigns in accordance with clientele objectives.
• Maintained clientele project plans, setting scope and budgets, creating timetables, monitoring progress and ensuring the implementation of best practices.
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF TREASURY, Washington, D.C. 2012 – 2013
Organizational Assessment Consultant; Community Development Financial Institutions Fund
• Assisted moderator in leading and supporting with employee focus group sessions, taking note of relevant participant comments, concerns and inquiries to assist in assessment and analysis reporting presented to senior management.
• Documented enterprise-wide organizational assessment sessions with all levels of employees and prepared reports for senior management, analyzing and identifying key themes, barriers and recommendations outlining workplace organizational issues.
CQ ROLL CALL GROUP, Washington, D.C. 2011 – 2012
Account Associate; Account Management
• Assisted advocacy clientele with research, strategy, and problem resolution, facilitating the improvement of grassroots campaigns and the maximization of total potential outreach with key influential local, state and federal level targets.
• Managed and supported multiple advocacy product hotlines via telephone and live online dialogue, providing immediate assistance and consultation on advocacy issues.
• Compiled and distributed daily report of potential leads to sales and advertising staff, aiding and honing in on the development of new business opportunities via Salesforce.
U.S. GLOBAL CHANGE RESEARCH PROGRAM, Washington, D.C. 2010
• Gathered data on nation-wide climate change issues and compiled comprehensive climate adaptations report of U.S. cities and states, detailing significant forecasts of anticipated geographic regions affected by climatic changes in the twenty-first century.
• Assisted communications staff in the daily maintenance and creation of web pages, creating and implementing basic HTML coding to amplify file and document transfer process from existing to newly developed website via WordPress.
FIELDWORKS, LLC, Chevy Chase, MD 2010
Campaign Canvasser; District 18, State of Maryland – Dana Beyer for State Delegate, Michael Griffiths for State Senate
• Targeted, approached, and engaged specific voters in local Maryland campaigns on relevant issues, improving candidate familiarity, campaign support and exit polling numbers.
• Utilized and maintained voter file management tools in local state elections in Maryland, facilitating in the achievement of campaign benchmarks and securing key constituent voters.
BRIGHTLINE STRATEGIES, INC., Alexandria, VA 2010
Marketing and Communications Intern
• Wrote and edited press releases and media advisories, providing relevant organizations and associations with notable awareness of firm’s upcoming events and activities via Facebook, Twitter and WordPress.
• Organized and compiled media contact lists of major news outlets, assisting and systematizing firm’s potential media outreach within the Washington Metropolitan area.
THE WHITE HOUSE – EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT, Washington, D.C. 2009 – 2010
Public and Media Affairs Intern; Office of the United States Trade Representative
• Gathered and distributed relevant daily trade and finance press clips electronically to Washington and Geneva offices, facilitating in greater familiarity among agency-wide staff members of significant news and media activities within the United States and abroad via LexisNexis.
• Transcribed speeches and interviews for various trade officials, creating more accurate and insightful accounts of pertinent dialogue exchanges.
• Created and maintained extensive state-by-state press and media contact directory, improving staff’s ability in effectively coordinating and scheduling timely business travels of United States Trade Representative.
• Organized and supported public and media affairs staff in arranging and delegating key press conferences, forums and appointments with various trade finance ministers.
THE WHITE HOUSE – COMMISSION ON REMEMBRANCE, Washington, D.C. 2009
Program and Correspondence Intern
• Composed and exchanged daily correspondence with Veterans Affairs and Pentagon officials, constructing various business letters, memorandums in written and electronic format.
• Supported executive director in logistical planning of fourth annual Time of Remembrance honoring nation’s fallen and respective family members on West Lawn of U.S. Capitol, organizing and coordinating key program details such as speaker arrangements, program scripting and news and media attendees.
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, Washington, D.C. 2011
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
• Scholarships: Board of Trustees, University and Alumni Award, One Year Award
• Tagalog – Advanced Proficiency – (Reading, Writing, Speaking)
• Cebuano – Advanced Proficiency – (Reading, Writing, Speaking)
• Spanish – Intermediate Proficiency – (Reading, Writing, Speaking)
• Italian – Intermediate Proficiency – (Reading, Writing, Speaking)
• French – Basic Proficiency – (Reading, Writing, Speaking)
• Microsoft Office Suite – Access, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, SharePoint, Word
• Social Media Platforms – Facebook, Google+, HootSuite, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube
• Blogspot, Constant Contact, Eventbrite, HyperText Markup Language (HTML), LexisNexis, Salesforce, WordPress