• Strategic communications and public relations professional with multiple years of relevant experience in government affairs, including most recently supporting the day-to-day direct communications and engagement of an external communications director with the general public and other external stakeholders across various sectors.
• Proven track record of key digital communications skillsets and techniques relevant to supporting agency-wide programs and initiatives to actively inform and disseminate timely information on programming, events, and other pertinent activities.
• Skilled in crafting and delivering public presentations in various scenarios such as professional development workshops, diplomatic meetings, and other local events hosted by non-profit organizations and academic institutions.
• Knowledgeable in drafting and conveying key information in traditional and non-traditional media forms, such as articles, press and media advisories as well as social media content posts aimed at general and target audiences.
• Capable of critically applying pertinent techniques in the collection and summarization of public discourse and transforming them into relevant and programmable recommendations for significant improvement purposes.
• Holds extensive artistic and cultural comprehension of various diverse local communities due to significant exposure with the international community, most notably those pertaining to East Asian and Latin American diplomatic missions.
• Skillful dedicated communicator, quick learner, resourceful and thorough professional with an emphasis on quality, demonstrating proven flexibility and adaptability on critical issues in a consistently professional manner.
• Advanced proficiency of key computer and software technical programs, able to quickly and effectively provide due responses and recommendations to staff members in order to significantly improve and triage circumstances.
GOVERNMENT OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, Washington, D.C. 2015 – Present
Head of Digital Communications; Commission on the Arts and Humanities (CAH)
• Actively supports current Chief of Staff for the Commission on the Arts and Humanities (CAH) in the successful dissemination of agency-related programs and communications, most notably those concerning digital communications platforms including the agency’s official website, social media accounts, and other forms of electronic communications.
• Continually maintains key working relationships with internal staff members, commissioners as well as relevant external audiences such as past and present grantees, public information officers of various DC government agencies, and other key and pertinent entities in the local community.
• Monitors and efficiently responds to all general inquiries received through the agency’s primary mailbox and digital accounts which includes potential news and media inquiries, specific interest groups and businesses, diplomatic and special requests and routes them accordingly to appropriate department heads for further assistance when applicable.
• Maintains continuous awareness and engagement across other District agencies via the agency’s digital platforms to ensure relevancy and proper dissemination of information of the agency’s activities as well as cross-promotion efforts.
• Aids internal departments such as grants and public art teams in conjunction with internal communications and marketing team to plan and execute special events and projects when feasible, previously working alongside relevant other agencies such as the DC Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED), the DC Office of Cable Television, Film, Music and Entertainment (OCTFME) and the Executive Office of the Mayor (EOM).
• Assists internal communications team in the creation and distribution of public information materials and other important deliverables pertaining to the agency’s activities, providing specific advice on digital-related content and presentation.
• Serves as the agency’s primary data and security designated liaison working with the DC Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO) to actively monitor, manage, and implement software and technology requirements.
• Previously worked with the U.S. Department of State’s International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) and the DC Office of the Secretary (OS) to personally arrange high-level diplomatic delegations on behalf of the agency including Portuguese mayors, Bahraini and Chinese artists, Georgian members of parliament and other groups as requested.
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, Washington, D.C. 2021- Present
Chairman, Asian and Pacific Islander (API) Alumni Network
• Leads and facilitates in the development and creation of programs and initiatives, overall administration, fundraising efforts, and communications strategies on behalf of the alumni network.
• Actively fosters and maintains key working relationships with other multicultural and affinity networks and various other entities of the association along with key staff members of the Office of Alumni Relations (OAR).
THE BASILICA OF THE NATIONAL SHRINE OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION, Washington, D.C. 2021- Present
• Serves the liturgical assembly by proclaiming the sacred scripture during the Liturgy of the Word.
• Proclaims assigned biblical text with full clarity, conviction, dignity, and understanding.
• Expresses reverence and decorum in carrying out all associated liturgical aspects of each liturgical celebration.
THE CHINESE AMERICAN MUSEUM, Washington, D.C. 2022 – Present
Member, Bamboo Circle Council
• Actively assists in the overall promotion of community growth and cultural understanding among young professionals through ongoing education programs and shared experiences.
• Engages fellow board members through year-round networking events and educational experiences with an emphasis on Chinese American arts, culture, history, and other related facets.
MID ATLANTIC FOUNDATION FOR ASIAN ARTISTS, INC., Clarksville, MD 2014 – 2022
Executive Director and Editor-in-Chief 2015 – 2022
• Actively led in the planning, production and presentation of the first Filipino opera, Noli Me Tangere (Touch Me Not) successfully launched in several U.S. cities – Washington, DC (August 2014), Richmond, VA (October 2016), Boston, MA (June 2017) and Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (October 2017).
• Served as the organization’s Editor-in-Chief for monthly electronic newsletter, The MAFFAA Journal with an aggregate readership of over 350+ Filipino and Asian-American arts and humanities groups, organizations and individuals across the United States and abroad.
• Successfully co-launched first annual Asian Heritage Day in Oxon Hill, MD with the Doer and Naturally Caring Foundation (DNCF), elevating the profile of local Filipino-American artists and fostered key new working relationships with local entities including the Maryland Governor Hogan’s Commission on South Asian American Affairs and the American Diversity Group (ADG).
Public Relations Director 2014 – 2015
• Actively served as primary spokesman on behalf of organization during the pre-production of Noli Me Tangere opera in Washington, DC in 2014, conducting various visits to the diplomatic missions of the Republic of the Philippines, the Kingdom of Spain and the Federal Republic of Germany.
• Managed and led the organization’s social media and youth affairs committee, working with local student volunteers in the Filipino-American community to capitalize on multiple online engagement tools (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) to actively garner support among mainstream audiences.
• Successfully hosted press conferences for the launch of Noli Me Tangere at the Philippine Embassy in Washington, DC (2014) and Philippine Consulate in New York, NY (2015), generating significant interest with local Filipino and Asian-American media outlets on the historical salience of the opera.
UNITED NATIONS ASSOCIATION OF THE NATIONAL CAPITAL AREA (UNA-NCA), Washington, D.C. 2014 – 2022
Program Director; Peace and Security Committee (P&S) 2020 – 2022
• Led and facilitated in the development and creation of programs and initiatives, overall administration, fundraising efforts and communications strategies on behalf of committee.
• Actively fostered and maintained key internal and external relationships within the various working and standing committees of the organization at the local and national chapter levels.
Deputy Program Director; Peace and Security Committee (P&S) 2018 – 2019
• Assisted program co-chairs in the development and creation of programs and initiatives, overall administration, fundraising efforts and communications strategies.
• Actively fostered and maintained key internal and external relationships within the various working and standing committees of the organization at the local and national chapter levels.
Program Director; Sustainable Development Committee (SDC) 2016 – 2018
• Managed and actively led 50+ person team composed of young and seasoned professionals from various industries to develop and create programs that assist and support strong US-UN partnership through increased public knowledge, advocacy and community engagement.
• Successfully moderated multiple televised panel discussions at local academic institutions and policy think thanks – The Empowerment of Women in Sustainability (November 2015) and The Refugee Crisis: Dispelling Myths and Misconceptions (June 2017).
• Represented the District of Columbia at annual UNA-NCA Members’ Day conference at the UN Headquarters in New York, NY in February 2017 engaging with UN Under-Secretary General Jeffrey Feltman and Ambassador Sebastiono Cardi of Italy on the role of non-state actors.
• Conducted multiple speaking engagements with local student organizations at George Washington University (GWU), the Catholic University of America (CUA) and Marymount University to actively recruit new members at the local and national chapter levels.
Program Director; Communications Committee 2015 – 2018
• Led and facilitated in the active development and creation of relevant content and subject matter expertise as pertaining to the UNA-NCA’s ongoing initiatives and projects, including the creation and execution of a three-year digital communications strategy from 2015 – 2017.
• Advised overall best practices for all print and electronic media platforms for continued promotion of the UNA-NCA’s organizational-wide communications, most notably those pertaining to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
• Devised and implemented a model social media campaign strategy to effectively market and promote events through print and digital means, and ultimately tasked by the UNA-NCA Executive Board to train and incorporate across 13 programmatic and standing committees.
Communications Director; Sustainable Development Committee (SDC) 2014 – 2016
• Produced and supported communications materials and relevant deliverables on behalf of committee’s membership.
• Developed and collaborated with communications representatives from various internal committees to assist in the generation and dissemination of organization’s programs, events and other relevant projects.
ST. CHARLES CATHOLIC CHURCH, Arlington, VA 2014 – Present
Vice President; Haiti Ministry 2015 – 2017
• Assisted and supported with the full implementation and execution of the committee’s plans, actions and initiatives, acting as President and Secretary as deemed necessary making executive decisions pertaining to the allocation of funds for the tuition and nutrition programs of school children.
• Created and implemented first Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) handbook detailing pertinent roles and responsibilities of key leadership posts and internal and external working relationships for the incoming set of leadership board members (2017 – 2018).
• Organized first committee-wide weekend retreat to build and further amplify internal comradery as well as assess and re-evaluate existing policies and procedures including essential operating processes and fundraising functions.
Communications Director; Haiti Ministry 2014 – 2015
• Coordinated and managed committee’s existing aggregate contact directory of sponsors and children to assist in the accurate distribution of all print and electronic correspondences, significantly improving the ability to effectively understand key demographics of sponsors.
• Assisted and supported sponsorship chair and participating committee members in the creation and dissemination of targeted messaging of new and existing sponsors working in conjunction with pertinent church staff members and other community leaders in Arlington County.
• Developed and streamlined internal and external committee communications through the creation of a mass electronic mailing list via Google Groups and online website to better engage parishioners, resulting in a more cohesive and efficient internal leadership board.
• Devised year-long work plan and calendar of events timeline to accurately forecast and engage new and existing sponsors on relevant events including annual appeal weekend and mission trips.
BOHOL RESTORATION GROUP, INC., Washington, D.C. 2013 – 2015
Internal Affairs Secretary 2014 – 2015
• Produced and disseminated essential internal and external information on behalf of Executive Board, ensuring continuity of relevant updates to target audiences in local, national and international preservation and restoration communities.
• Maintained and consistently updated appropriate technical and historical data pertaining to organization’s restoration efforts and progress for present and future record keeping purposes, aiding designated historian in successfully documenting key events and milestones.
• Arranged and completed necessary pertinent logistical details for internal and external working stakeholders, significantly improving overall outreach and impact of organization across the District of Columbia and local reciprocities of Maryland and Virginia.
Communications Director 2013 – 2015
• Developed and led in the implementation of all communications strategies to broaden impact and reach of the organization’s programs and messaging via Eventbrite, Facebook, Twitter and WordPress, further elevating profile of the organization at the local, national and international level.
• Actively engaged, cultivated and managed press relationships to ensure maximum coverage of the organization’s programs, special events, public announcements and other relevant projects, working in conjunction of the Philippine Embassy’s public diplomacy team.
• Created and launched the organization’s first online website listing essential details including volunteer biographies, leadership board names, partners, events and resources, aiding in the significant elevation of public relations efforts of the communications team.
FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORPORATION, Arlington, VA 2014 – 2015
• Conducted in-depth analysis of maintenance costs, schedules and quality of delivered products and services assisting various programmatic and departmental leads within the Division of Information Technology (DIT) to effectively meet and/or exceed designated project benchmarks.
• Developed and maintained spreadsheets, projects and related diagrams to assist in project control activities, significantly improving critical analysis and support functions across the agency’s fundamental project, program and software leads.
• Designed and configured complex calculations and macros associated with the information gathering process, aiding direct supervisors in attaining and/or exceeding projected timetables much earlier than originally anticipated.
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, Washington, D.C. 2014 – 2015
Marketing Director, Asian Alumni Association
• Actively fostered key relationships with press and media outlets for communications and marketing related services on behalf of the GW Asian Alumni Association (GWAAA), working with various affinities groups to expand outreach connections in the Asian and Asian-American communities.
• Maintained all marketing materials and facilitated in the creation of relevant, and consistent design, messaging and branding efforts via Eventbrite, Facebook, Twitter and WordPress, significantly elevating the profile of leadership board members collectively both on and off-campus.
• Developed and promoted strategic communications and public relations goals and objectives on behalf of the Executive Board capitalizing on existing framework and relationships with student organizations and various staff members within the Office of Alumni Relations (OAR).
VARIOUS NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS, Washington, D.C. 2013 – 2014
Strategic Communications Consultant
• Collaborated with clientele and served as an ongoing resource for communications and strategies to inform and inspire targeted audiences.
• Recommended, developed and executed targeted multi-channel communication campaigns in accordance with clientele objectives.
• Maintained clientele project plans, setting scope and budgets, creating timetables, monitoring progress and ensuring the implementation of best practices.
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF TREASURY, Washington, D.C. 2012 – 2013
Organizational Assessment Consultant
• Assisted moderator in leading and supporting with employee focus group sessions, taking note of relevant participant comments, concerns and inquiries to assist in assessment and analysis reporting presented to senior management.
• Documented enterprise-wide organizational assessment sessions with all levels of employees and prepared reports for senior management, analyzing and identifying key themes, barriers and recommendations outlining workplace organizational issues.
CQ ROLL CALL GROUP, Washington, D.C. 2011 – 2012
• Assisted advocacy clientele with research, strategy and problem resolution, facilitating in the significant improvement of grassroots campaigns and the maximization of total potential outreach with key influential local, state and federal level targets.
• Managed and supported multiple advocacy product hotlines via telephone and live online dialogue, providing immediate assistance and consultation on advocacy-related issues, ultimately significantly improving overall clientele satisfaction and sales and marketing renewal rates.
• Compiled and distributed daily report of potential leads to sales and advertising staff, aiding and honing in on the key development of new business opportunities via Salesforce, providing department team leads a greater understanding of important trends and activities.
U.S. GLOBAL CHANGE RESEARCH PROGRAM, Washington, D.C. 2010
• Gathered data on nation-wide climate change issues and compiled comprehensive climate adaptations report of U.S. cities and states, detailing significant forecasts of anticipated geographic regions affected by climatic changes in the twenty-first century.
• Assisted communications staff in the daily maintenance and creation of web pages, creating and implementing basic HTML coding to amplify file and document transfer process from existing to newly developed website via WordPress.
FIELDWORKS, LLC, Chevy Chase, MD 2010
• Targeted, approached, and engaged specific voters in local Maryland campaigns on relevant issues, improving candidate familiarity, campaign support and exit polling numbers.
• Utilized and maintained voter file management tools in local state elections in Maryland, facilitating in the achievement of campaign benchmarks and securing key constituent voters.
BRIGHTLINE STRATEGIES, INC., Alexandria, VA 2010
Marketing and Communications Intern
• Wrote and edited press releases and media advisories, providing relevant organizations and associations with notable awareness of firm’s upcoming events and activities via Facebook, Twitter and WordPress.
• Organized and compiled media contact lists of major news outlets, assisting and systematizing firm’s potential media outreach within the Washington Metropolitan area.
THE WHITE HOUSE – EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT, Washington, D.C. 2009 – 2010
Public and Media Affairs Intern
• Gathered and distributed relevant daily trade and finance press clips electronically to Washington and Geneva offices, facilitating in greater familiarity among multiple senior-level staff members of significant news and media activities within the United States and abroad via LexisNexis.
• Transcribed speeches and interviews for various trade officials, creating more accurate and insightful accounts of pertinent dialogue exchanges, utilized for the external dissemination of relevant reports and presentations on behalf of the press and media team.
• Created and maintained an extensive state-by-state press and media contact directory, improving the staff’s ability to effectively coordinate and schedule the timely business travels and work of the United States Trade Representative (USTR).
THE WHITE HOUSE – COMMISSION ON REMEMBRANCE, Washington, D.C. 2009
Program and Correspondence Intern
• Composed and exchanged daily correspondence with Veterans Affairs and Pentagon officials, constructing various business letters, memorandums in written and electronic format on behalf of the Commission on Remembrance.
• Supported executive director in logistical planning of fourth annual Time of Remembrance honoring nation’s fallen and respective family members on West Lawn of U.S. Capitol, organizing and coordinating key program details such as speaker arrangements, program scripting, and news and media attendees.
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, Washington, D.C. 2011
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
• Scholarships: Board of Trustees, University and Alumni Award, One Year Award
• Tagalog – Advanced Proficiency – (Reading, Writing, Speaking)
• Cebuano – Advanced Proficiency – (Reading, Writing, Speaking)
• Spanish – Intermediate Proficiency – (Reading, Writing, Speaking)
• Italian – Intermediate Proficiency – (Reading, Writing, Speaking)
• French – Basic Proficiency – (Reading, Writing, Speaking)
• Arabic – Basic Proficiency – (Reading)
• Microsoft Office Suite – Access, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, SharePoint, Word
• Social Media Platforms – Facebook, Google+, HootSuite, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube
• Blogspot, Constant Contact, Eventbrite, HyperText Markup Language (HTML), LexisNexis, Salesforce, WordPress